IHC Schools support our active duty, National Guard, and DoD civilian families
A large portion of our student body at our Elementary and Junior/Senior High School are children of soldiers or Fort Drum civilians. We work closely with the Fort Drum Education Liaison Council (FDELC) to coordinate the most effective support for our military families. Many of our teachers are members of military families. IHC also has a Military Family Life Counselor (MFLC) assigned full-time four days per week.
IHC Schools are an ideal choice for military families. We offer rolling registration through the summer turn-over period, and host an open-house for military families in late-summer as families return from their PCS or post-deployment leave. We can accommodate students who, because of family transitions, cannot be present at the first days of school.
Some reasons your family should consider IHC
- We provide a college-preparatory program based on Faith. Our students develop spiritually, intellectually, morally and ethically. We are proud of who we are, what we do, and why we do it!
Our mission is fundamentally about inviting young people to build or deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ, and help them understand the role of faith in their daily lives and the world. We believe in the portion of our mission statement that calls on us to “cultivate holiness based on the love and imitation of Christ.
- Second, free transportation from Fort Drum and throughout the local area is provided.
- Third, we have small classes with a strong sense of community – very similar to the DODEA schools that many military families are accustomed to. We welcome students of all faiths.
- Fourth, our schools offer a safe, secure and disciplined environment based on Christian values and respect.
- Fifth, we offer a challenging academic program. Our students’ performance rates on New York’s rigorous Regent’s Exams are consistently excellent. Our high school was re-accredited in 2010 by the Commission on Secondary Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. In recent years, our students have attended universities, including Dartmouth, Cornell, the Service Academies, Notre Dame, Colgate, Syracuse, Rensellear Polytechnic Institute, and Clarkson University. Nearly 100% of our graduates go on to higher education — a rate unmatched in the North Country.
- Sixth, we work to ensure that students are aware of the many college scholarship and college aid opportunities available specifically for military students.